Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Life goals...

I recently was blessed with the opportunity to watch someone I have known for 20 years attain a life-goal. Wow! We all have goals and dreams we set for ourselves during our early years but rarely do we get to be present when the summit of one of those precious mountains is reached. Was it an easy climb? Absolutely not. Were there many setbacks and stumbles along the way. You bet! Did he push through, endure, meet obstacles and have to refocus? Definitely! I felt the most unselfish sense of pride that I have ever experienced. It was not an accomplishment of mine, not my blood, sweat and tears; yet, my heart was bursting with happiness to get to be a part of every moment. As I reflected in the following days, it dawned on me that we have the opportunity to give God that same Oh My Gosh experience when we agree to follow Him and achieve the goals He sets before us. He knows that multiple obstacles will be placed in our paths and we will be tempted to stray. Imagine how His heart must swell when we remain steadfast and faithful. May we each look at our challenges differently today and find a willingness to endure through and for our Savior!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great read. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure this person feels beyond blessed to have you as a friend.

Anonymous said...

This was wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me that my goals are important to God. Speaking of goals, one of mine was to start a Beth Moore Bible study at my church. I am doing Beth Moore's new Bible study, Esther; It's Tough Being a Women. We have 45 women taking the study. Every women will grow spiritually from this timely and inspirational study. It is easier than Beth's other studies, so working women will be able to keep up with the homework. I encourage every women to invite her daughter(11th grade and up) or daughter-in-law to attend the study with her.